Welcome to the NeurOptimal® Technical Support Page.
To Upgrade your system from V2 to NO3 please visit this page:
Upgrade to NO3
ATTENTION! Need G-Force or your Sound Settings reset? A recent Windows update may have knocked them out. Click here for the easy 3 minute fix!
ATTENTION! Are you getting an error message that says your LICENSE IS INVALID? Update version 22.214.171.124 resolves this – please read here for instructions on how to force that update onto your system which will resolve this problem (3 minute fix!).
Technical Support Frequently Asked Questions
Below you will find a gathering of Frequently Asked Questions that may provide you with the support you are looking for. If you do not see a question or answer that assists you with your concern(s)/issue(s) please reach out to us via our other Support methods found at the bottom of the page.
- Click on WiFi icon
- Find your Network
- Click on connect automatically.
- Click on connect
PASS & PERSONAL MEMBERS
- Login to your accounts via the Member Login link in the top, right navigation.
- Once logged in you can:
- From your account dashboard select the icon for ZenConnect.
- Or Select ZenConnect from the ‘Your Account’ dropdown navigation in the top, right corner of the website.
- If you are already logged in, you may use the links provided in the ‘Live Support’ box to access ZenConnect.
- Follow the steps outlined in the image found below the Non Members login information.
- Use the link provided below in the ‘Live Support’ box.
- Select Support for V2 or NO3 on the following page.
- After selecting V2 or NO3, fill out the form provided and submit it. You may then launch your ZenConnect via the provided button that will appear after the form submission.
- Follow the steps in the image outlined below:
- Click on Update and Security
- Click on Check for updates
- System will check for updates, download and install
- Repeat all steps until you see “Your device is up to date”
Disk cleanup is a utility that removes temporary files and clears caches that build up during the normal operation of Windows. These files can add up over time, and maintaining your system through regular cleanups will ensure you always utilize the space on your drive effectively without waste.
- Enter “disk cleanup” in the Cortana box, and choose Disk Cleanup.
- If you are currently running Windows version 1803, select all the boxes. If you are currently running Windows version 1809, select all the boxes except for the Downloads box DO NOT CHECK OFF THE DOWNLOADS BOX then click on “Clean up system files”. To confirm which version you have, type “about” in the Cortana search box and select “About your PC.
For Windows version 1803
For Windows version 1809
- Choose the “More Options” tab.
- In System Restore and Shadow Copies, click on “Clean up…”
- Click on delete.
- Click on OK.
- Click on Delete files.
- Allow the Disk Cleanup to finish.
Optimizing your drive once per month is a great way to keep your NeurOptimal® system happy and healthy. SSDs are very fast and efficient, but even they need to be kept in good health and regularly optimizing them will improve their performance.
- In the Cortana search box type “Optimize”.
- Select “Defragment and Optimize Drives”
- Click on “Optimize”
- And you’re done!
Defragmenting your drive once per month is a great way to keep your NeurOptimal® system happy and healthy. Over time, files on your drive become fragmented, slowing down your computer as it checks multiple places on your drive for pieces. Defragmenting helps clean this up, ensuring it is running as efficiently as possible.
Click HERE (PDF Download) for instructions.
- The way that you test sensors in NO3 is to Tap and hold (right click) on the Tools icon in the VAULT.
- A context menu will open up and you can tap/click on zAmp Tests.
- You will then select Live EEG for the test and run that test AFTER placing ALL (yes, ALL and not just the three in the stock photo below) of the sensors in between your thumb and finger, one on top of the other in a single stack to “Null” them and then Click on Start Test. Press hard and the lines should converge together as they do in the image below. If not, then try again, pressing harder. If the lines still do not converge, then one or more of your sensors is bad and you will need to replace the set. Voila!
Live EEG Test, with sensors nulled and red-blue lines converged. All good!
- Re-pair the stylus to the Surface Pro
- Replace stylus battery
This is normal and different from what you would expect to notice with laptops. Laptops vent their heat primarily through the keyboard, side and bottom vents. Since the Surface Pros do not have an attached keyboard (actually don’t need one) they have been designed to dissipate heat differently. In addition to this, all of the heat producing components (processors, hard drive, memory, battery, etc..) are located in the tablet itself and not under the keyboard like in laptops. This having been said, if the basic system settings have not been altered this should not be an operational problem, even though the screen and back may seem to be very warm or even hot to the touch.
One sure sign of any computer system overheating would be a complete and sudden system shutdown. This would be triggered in order to prevent any heat damage from occurring to any components.
To allow efficient cooling of your Surface Pro(s), please remember to always use them with their “kickstand” supporting them in an upright position.
- Press and hold the Fn and Delete keys simultaneously, for 3 seconds
- The blue light will start to flash and is now ready to pair.
- Click on Action Center
- Click on connect
- Click on Find other types of devices
- Click on Bluetooth
- Look for Moko keyboard, or it may just say Keyboard, click on pair
- Make sure Keyboard is on and paired
- Make sure keyboard battery is charged, using the charging cable that is provided
- Verify that the volume is not muted or set very low on the computer.
- It is normal for Baselines to not playback any sound and for the visualizer to be black since it responds to sound.
- Restart your system.
- Install all Windows updates and restart the computer.
- Verify sound is defaulted to system speakers/headphones and not external display via control panel > sound > Playback Devices.
- Zen times may have not loaded properly before starting a training. Improperly loaded Zen times would be indicated by 00:00 appearing in some or all of the Zen mode time fields. If you see this, click on Stop, Training, then Record to set the zen times and restart the session.
- On all ASUS laptops provided by Zengar, the USB 3.0 port must be used when connecting the zAmp to the laptop. The location and number of USB 3.0 ports varies between ASUS laptop models, but all USB 3.0 ports are indicated with an “SS” USB symbol near the port. USB 2.0 ports on ASUS laptops will cause the NeurOptimal session to stop prematurely and unexpectedly.
- Included with every NeurOptimal system are two 15-foot USB cables. Try using the second USB cable to see if the session still stops prematurely. If you do not have another USB cable from Zengar available, you can purchase a replacement from Zengar here: https://neuroptimal.com/product/usb-cable/ It is very important to ONLY use a USB cable provided by Zengar or the exact model recommended by Zengar or else your sessions will continue to stop prematurely.
- Verify that system time is in 12-hour format (US English): On the Windows taskbar, look for the time and date. The time should appear in “h:mm tt” format and the date in “M/d/yyyy” format (ex. 1:29 PM and 3/8/2017). If this is not the case, right click on the time and date, then on “Adjust date/time” and then on “Change date and time formats. The settings should match this image:
- Temporary licenses are issued to all replacement systems until the previous system is unlicensed.
- Temporary 90-day licenses are issued to all financed systems until paid in full
- Relicensing must be done via ZenConnect
Sometimes when starting a session in NeurOptimal Professional, the following message appears:
To get past this, click on 1. Stop 2. Training 3. Record/QR
PLEASE NOTE: Zengar will be closed for the holidays December 22 – January 3rd. Our Holiday Technical Support hours will be Dec 27th and 28th, 9am to 5pm EST for emergencies only. We will not be taking any maintenance calls. Thank you.
In order to better serve you, before logging on for a MouseCall, here is a list of frequently asked questions. Should you not see the question you are looking for, please feel free to contact us: