In order to better serve you, before logging on for a MouseCall, here is a list of frequently asked questions. Should you not see the question you are looking for, please feel free to contact us:
Technical Support Frequently Asked Questions
- Click on WiFi icon
- Find your Network
- Click on connect automatically.
- Click on connect
- Zen times may have not loaded properly before starting a training. Improperly loaded Zen times would be indicated by 00:00 appearing in some or all of the Zen mode time fields. If you see this, click on Stop, Training, then Record to set the zen times and restart the session.
- On all ASUS laptops provided by Zengar, the USB 3.0 port must be used when connecting the zAmp to the laptop. The location and number of USB 3.0 ports varies between ASUS laptop models, but all USB 3.0 ports are indicated with an “SS” USB symbol near the port. USB 2.0 ports on ASUS laptops will cause the NeurOptimal session to stop prematurely and unexpectedly.
- Included with every NeurOptimal system are two 15-foot USB cables. Try using the second USB cable to see if the session still stops prematurely. If you do not have another USB cable from Zengar available, you can purchase a replacement from Zengar here: https://neuroptimal.com/product/usb-cable/ It is very important to ONLY use a USB cable provided by Zengar or the exact model recommended by Zengar or else your sessions will continue to stop prematurely.
- Verify that system time is in 12-hour format (US English): On the Windows taskbar, look for the time and date. The time should appear in “h:mm tt” format and the date in “M/d/yyyy” format (ex. 1:29 PM and 3/8/2017). If this is not the case, right click on the time and date, then on “Adjust date/time” and then on “Change date and time formats. The settings should match this image:
Sometimes when starting a session in NeurOptimal Professional, the following message appears:
To get past this, click on 1. Stop 2. Training 3. Record/QR
- Click on Update and Security
- Click on Check for updates
- System will check for updates, download and install
- Repeat all steps until you see “Your device is up to date”
- Press and hold the Fn and Delete keys simultaneously, for 3 seconds
- The blue light will start to flash and is now ready to pair.
- Click on Action Center
- Click on connect
- Click on Find other types of devices
- Click on Bluetooth
- Look for Moko keyboard, or it may just say Keyboard, click on pair
- Make sure Keyboard is on and paired
- Make sure keyboard battery is charged, using the charging cable that is provided
- Temporary licenses are issued to all replacement systems until the previous system is unlicensed.
- Temporary 90-day licenses are issued to all financed systems until paid in full
- Relicensing must be done via MouseCall
- Verify that the volume is not muted or set very low on the computer.
- It is normal for Baselines to not playback any sound and for the visualizer to be black since it responds to sound.
- Restart your system.
- Install all Windows updates and restart the computer.
- Verify sound is defaulted to system speakers/headphones and not external display via control panel > sound > Playback Devices.
- Re-pair the stylus to the Surface Pro
- Replace stylus battery
This is normal and different from what you would expect to notice with laptops. Laptops vent their heat primarily through the keyboard, side and bottom vents. Since the Surface Pros do not have an attached keyboard (actually don’t need one) they have been designed to dissipate heat differently. In addition to this, all of the heat producing components (processors, hard drive, memory, battery, etc..) are located in the tablet itself and not under the keyboard like in laptops. This having been said, if the basic system settings have not been altered this should not be an operational problem, even though the screen and back may seem to be very warm or even hot to the touch.
One sure sign of any computer system overheating would be a complete and sudden system shutdown. This would be triggered in order to prevent any heat damage from occurring to any components.
To allow efficient cooling of your Surface Pro(s), please remember to always use them with either their “kickstand” supporting them in an upright position or use a tablet stand such as this one: https://neuroptimal.com/product/tablet-stand/